We all want to live an active life with a healthy mindset. Our best recommendation? Find yourself a BDF (Best Dog Friend). Studies show that dogs improve our lives, not only by keeping us active, but their companionship can also help reduce levels of anxiety, depression and stress.
Dogs comfort us, protect us, assist those who are in need, and can even teach young children about responsibility. Most importantly, dogs make us happy and help us appreciate life in a whole new way—especially during these tough pandemic times. But being a pet parent comes with certain responsibilities, and while we humans may have our favorite self-care products nailed down, it’s important that we also think about what will keep our dogs healthy from the inside out.
- Walk daily, play often. Dogs will love and care for you, but it’s important to give them some TLC, too. Take them out on walks, play games to keep them active, and give them plenty of attention.
- Provide a happy, healthy home. We don’t like messy spaces, and neither do our dogs. Make sure your pup has a protected and clean living environment plus a comfortable bed to rest in. Familiarity and comfort is key to keeping your fur baby happy.
- Always keep fresh water available. If we need to use apps and alarms to remind us to drink more water, your pooch likely gets thirsty, too!
- Feed them a balanced, healthy diet. They say, “You are what you eat.” We want our BDFs to get all of the nutritional goodness they need and avoid weight issues. Whether it’s raw foods, canned or dry foods, be sure to provide good quality eats for your pup.
- Keep their coats (and paws) clean. Washing your furry friend with a shampoo that’s specially formulated for their needs is one way to keep them healthy. A gentle yet effective dog shampoo also helps to protect your pet from germs and allergens, while preventing their skin from becoming itchy or dry.
We’ve created a line of clean, Vet Dermatologist-approved coat-care products with your dog’s coat and skin health in mind. As picky pet parents, we want to take care of our dogs as well as we take care of ourselves. Get your paws on them today!